Sunday, September 19, 2010

Dang!!!

Ok so I do have a passion for fly-fishing however never had the money to get the good stuff till this past summer. I ended up going with the Orvis Clearwater II 9' 8wt.. I decided to put the Battenkill Mid Arbor Trout reel from Orvis on it and I have two spools for it, one with Orvis wt f 8 Clearwater, and one whith Orvis wf f 8 Streamer Stripper line. I absolutively love the streamer line. The catch of all this is that up until yesterday I never got a trout during the practice of fly-fishing. Ive gotten trout every other way but not fly-fishing. Gotten them on flies attached to a spinning rig but not fly-fishing.

 All this has now changed. I now have gotten two trout in one day on the new setup. Here is one...

This beautiful Pine River brown had swiped at my gold and orange deep water streamer twice. You know the outcome of the second time it swiped. So all and all I am pretty happy to say that I've caught trout every way there is, legal ways of course.

The fishing report is very good for this weekend. The fish are biting in the Pine, Manistee, and Bear creek. Alot of people out there on the main salmon rivers but there isn't anyone on the trout steams so plan a day and get out there and get some beautiful browns. This is the time to do it. Only 11 more days to hunt for the big browns. See ya next week. Tight Lines.

No comments:

Post a Comment