Sunday, September 12, 2010

Its Fishing!!!


Friday the 10th I went to Tippy Dam on the south side. The Coho’s are in but the ones that are there are small. The size limit is 15in and I think the one that I kept was about 17in. I threw back 3 that were about the same size. One little steelie about 16in, and a bunch of little browns. I tried my version of the Fragle Rock streamer for salmon, however didn’t get a strike. Spays and black caddis were the ticket for the browns and live crawlers for the cohos.

Saturday the 11th went downstream from where I was yesterday and saw quite a few large Kings surface. The rain was relentless. At times I couldn’t even see the gravel 4 ft in front of me, it was raining so hard. No steelies or salmon on the flies and the browns switched up to the crawlers. Caught maybe a dozen that were about 14in but no 15+ for dinner tonight.

Ok so the last day up north till next weekend, Sunday the 12th. Went to High Bridge and boy it was warm. The water temp is still a little high for the salmon to run up the river but the smallmouth fishing is awesome. I had 3 on with a Clousers Deep Water gold and orange streamer. Didn’t land any though but it was still fun. On the crawler front, there is still a lot of suckers in the river downstream from the dam. They are the ones going for crawlers at this time. All and all a pretty decent weekend, could of gotten more fish to the net but that’s fishin’.  Time for some in town fishin’ to start we’ll see what the reports are and see if we cant get some time on the water this week.

Tight Lines.

No comments:

Post a Comment