Sunday, September 26, 2010

First Guide Trip on Pine River

Ok so I am not a pro guide but I still have a few people that call me for a guide trip because they know me and my skill. This Saturday I took some of those people on the Pine. We had a great time. This was the last weekend open on the Pine since it closes on the 30th and boy what a weird day. The weather was rain then sun then rain then sun and so on all day. The fish were not as active as I was hoping but we still got a few. Minnow imitations were the best, either silver shiner or gold shiner always works best.

The fact of the matter is, they called me and I told them I would do my best to put them on some nice fish. This I did. Above is Frank with a beautiful Male hook jaw that measured out at 24 inches. It took a 3 inch golden shiner pattern that was thrown up in the slow water of a curve in the river. As you can see it is on a stringer, but after much debate between the group on whether or not to take it back to the cabin and cook it for dinner or release it, Frank made a very sportsmen like decision to let it go back in the river to be caught another day. It will always be a trophy because we got pictures. Great job Frank.

Tight Lines

No comments:

Post a Comment